USDA Appoints Board Members to Paper and Packaging Board
2024 Officers and Full Board of Directors Announced
The Paper and Packaging Board (P+PB) announces four new board members appointed by USDA Secretary Tom Vilsack. Appointed for a three-year term are An Boon of Graphic Packaging, Tonie Meyers of Billerud and Juan Pablo Perez Chavez of Smurfit Kappa. Appointed for a one-year term to fill an open seat is Steve Henry of Domtar. The term begins January 1, 2024.
An eight-member Board of Directors representing the four grades of paper funding the Paper & Packaging – How Life Unfolds® campaign oversees the paper and packaging sectors’ national promotion program focused on sustainability. Officers and board members for 2024 are:
- Chair:Santiago Arbelaez, Vice President of Strategy for the Industrial Packaging Business, International Paper
- Vice-Chair: Alpa Sutaria, Senior Vice President of Strategy and Sustainability, WestRock
- Secretary/Treasurer: Richard Bennett, Vice President of Paperboard Sales and Marketing, Pactiv Evergreen
- An Boon, Vice President of Global Marketing, Graphic Packaging International
- Beth Cormier, Vice President of Research, Development and Sustainability, Sappi
- Steve Henry, CEO, Domtar
- Tonie Meyers, Senior Vice President of Paperboard and Sheeting Operations, Billerud
- Juan Pablo Perez Chevez, CEO for North America, Smurfit Kappa
Learn more about P+PB governance here.
About Paper and Packaging Board
The Paper and Packaging Board promotes the use of paper products and paper-based packaging by highlighting how their sustainable nature, the industry’s practices and recycling help contribute to a healthier planet. Forty-seven U.S. manufacturers and importers collectively fund the national marketing campaign, www.howlifeunfolds.com.