CT Manufacturing Company “PACT’S” A Patriotic Punch for Veterans
PACKAGING AND CRATING TECHNOLOGIES DONATES 1% OF ALL COMPANY SALES TO VFW OF WATERTOWN FOR MILITARY APPRECIATION MONTH
To honor the sacrifice of American servicemen and women for both Veterans Day and National Military Appreciation Month, Packaging and Crating Technologies, LLC (PACT) in Watertown, Conn. today announced a charitable partnership with the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) of Watertown. Throughout the month of November, the family-owned, moving container manufacturer will donate 1% of sales proceeds from its entire product line to the nonprofit organization whose purpose is to speed rehabilitation of the nation’s disabled combat veterans, assist their families and provide education and community service.
“We have strong ties to the military as it’s a key business sector that uses our shipping and packaging containers when individual soldiers are moved from station to station,” said Rodger Mort, President of PACT. “It is our privilege to give back to the heroes and their families who have given our country so much by fundraising for America’s largest organization of combat veterans.”
Mort notes that PACT’s various patented shipping containers, which range in price between $40 and $2,000, are made from corrugated cardboard, a lightweight, sustainable, and durable material that can often be reused for hundreds of moves.
The comprehensive line includes:
- LiftVan– a large, durable container that comes in 5 sizes to accommodate the transport of heavy-duty items up to 2,000 pounds, while easily stacking 3 bins high.
- PleatWrap– a sustainable paper bubble wrap that has an engineered pleated center sandwiched between a tissue and a Kraft paper layer. PleatWrap gives superior corner protection as compared to plastic packaging and can be recycled after use.
- J-Crate-a lightweight, corrugated insert that is quick and easy to assemble, pack and unpack and offers a parcel 360-degree protection from shock, vibrations and dust accumulation.
- Spiral Foot-a triple-wall, fiberboard fastener block that sits on the ground and attaches to the upper crate for lightweight durability and inherent vibration protection.
- MP40– a special packaging crate that contains 4 built-in dividers to ensure safe transit of fragile items such as plasma TVs, framed wall art, glass and marble tabletops. When not used for moving, it can be used as a resilient dolly-free bin.
- Sofa Crate-a customized crate for larger furniture shipping that is strong enough to stack 6 units high. This corrugated cardboard version replaces metal racking, thus increasing warehouse space.
- Motorcycle Crate-give your prized possession maximum moving protection through its patented corrugated sidewalls for side-impact and stacking strength.
Further, the company is a preferred vendor for the US Department of Defense and has been awarded a special permit from the US Department of Transportation for the shipping of lithium-ion batteries, as well as passed the proposed SAE-G-27 test standard.
“Our products are designed to meet overseas shipping requirements while keeping military equipment protected and dry,” adds Mort. “From submarine doors and firing systems to flight simulators and combat systems, we have built custom solutions for every need.”
Lastly, when products are ready to be disposed of, PACT’s containers can be brought to any recycling center or eco-friendly dumpster, unlike traditional wood crates, which can seldom be recycled and often come with hefty disposal fees.
“Whether it’s by purchasing one of our products, donating directly to a charity or participating in a local event, we encourage everyone to show their appreciation to the men and women in the armed forces during this month of thanksgiving,” said Mort.