Shurtape Technologies Earns Four 2023 Occupational Health & Safety New Product of the Year Awards
An innovative new product from Shurtape Technologies, XL BR Duck Pro® by Shurtape® BR Code™ Heavy Duty, Permanent Scannable Labels, has won four categories in the prestigious 2023 Occupational Health & Safety New Product of the Year Awards. Shuretape Technologies an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of adhesive tape and consumer home and office products, and this recognition underscores Shurtape’s commitment to advancing safety and efficiency in the workplace.
Now in its 15th year, the Occupational Health & Safety New Product of the Year Awards Program recognizes outstanding product developments that improve worker health and safety. Shurtape emerged as one of the frontrunners, with PXL BR labels winning in the following categories:
- Asset Tracking/Management
- EHS Software
- Inspection Documentation/Automation
- Lockout/Tagout and Machine Guarding
The PXL BR labels are part of Shurtape’s broader portfolio of Duck Pro by Shurtape BR Code Scannable Solutions, powered by the BitRip® app. These labels are preprinted with unique codes that can be scanned with the free BitRip app on a mobile device and used to track shipments, organize construction materials, monitor service and repairs, verify safety certifications for equipment and personnel and much more across a variety of industries, jobsites and applications.
“We are immensely proud to see our PXL BR Duck Pro by Shurtape BR Code Heavy Duty Labels recognized across four categories in the 2023 Occupational Health & Safety New Product of the Year Awards,” said Tammy Gentry, Senior Product Manager, Insights and Innovation Team at Shurtape Technologies. “This achievement underscores our commitment to innovation and our focus on providing solutions that enhance safety and productivity in various workplace environments.”
Tape + Technology
Products in the new BR Code Scannable Solutions line include:
- PC 627 BR: Scannable duct tape codes for indoor or outdoor use
- FL 227 BR: Scannable paper tape codes for multi-surface applications that demand easy removal
- PSL BR: Permanent scannable labels for indoor or outdoor use on flat surfaces
- PXL BR: Heavy duty permanent scannable labels for flat-surface applications that demand extreme durability and performance
How BR Code Scannable Solutions and the BitRip App Work
- First, download the free BitRip app on a mobile device from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Next, stick a BR Code label to any object you want to track or organize — tools, equipment, building materials and more.
- Scan the label’s code through the BitRip app, which automatically captures a timestamp and the geolocation of the object to which the label is attached.
- Make notes, add voice memos and upload pictures, videos and PDF documents to the app, associating them with the label.
- Using the app, share the information with others, create project teams and set notifications to keep everyone updated in real time.
The Duck Pro® by Shurtape® BR Code™ product line is now available through participating Shurtape distributors. The BitRip® app can be downloaded for free from the Apple App Store for Apple devices or the Google Play store for Android devices. Learn more at Shurtape.com/BRCode.
About Shurtape Technologies, LLC
Based in Hickory, N.C., Shurtape Technologies, LLC, is an industry-leading manufacturer and marketer of adhesive tape and consumer home and office products, with facilities in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico, Peru, United Arab Emirates, China and Australia. Together, our subsidiaries serve numerous markets, including industrial/MRO, building and construction, packaging, electrical, stucco, HVAC, professional paint, automotive, marine, aerospace, arts and entertainment, graphic arts, sound control, medical, DIY, home and office, and retail. In addition to specialty adhesive solutions, Shurtape Technologies offers products under recognizable brand names such as Duck®, FrogTape®, T-Rex®, Painter’s Mate®, Shurtape® and Kip® ShurtapeTech.com.