Technology Excellence Awards Finalists Bring Cutting-Edge Technology to PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2023
Voting for the best new innovations in the industry takes place this September, on-track to be the largest event in the show’s history
Finalists for the Technology Excellence Awards taking place at PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2023 (Sept. 11–13; Las Vegas Convention Center) have been announced by PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies. Produced by PMMI, PACK EXPO Las Vegas is the most comprehensive packaging and processing event in North America this year and will showcase over 2,000 suppliers offering solutions for 40 vertical markets and cover nearly 1 million square feet of exhibition space. The Technology Excellence Awards recognize the best new technology in packaging and processing being shown for the first time at a PACK EXPO event.
PMMI Vice President, Trade Shows, Laura Thompson, announced the finalists in the following video which highlights each new technology.
More than 80 solutions-suppliers submitted nominations for this year’s awards, which were reviewed by top professionals in the industry and narrowed down to three finalists in each of the four categories.
The Technology Excellence Awards Panelists are:
- Aaron Hand, Editor-in-Chief, ProFood World
- Anne Marie Mohan, Senior Editor, Packaging World
- Keren Sookne, Editor-in-Chief, Healthcare Packaging
- Matt Reynolds, Editor, Packaging World
The finalists for this year’s Technology Excellence Awards are:
- Aneko Emsys, Aneko, Booth N-10165
- Precision Servo Technology Represents a Breakthrough for High-Pressure Processing (HPP) Machinery, JBT Corporation, Booth SL-6349
- QUANTM Electric Diaphragm Pump, Graco, Inc., Booth N-10634
General Packaging & Processing
- AI Enabled Augmented Reality for Transforming Packaging Operations, Harpak-ULMA Packaging, LLC, Booths SL-6188, SL-6101
- DairySeal featuring ClearCor Technology, Amcor Rigid Packaging, Booths SU-7244, SU-7254
- SOMIC 434 Next Generation Case Packer featuring Rockwell ArmorKinetics, Somic Packaging, Inc., Booth SL-6172
- Child Resistant Reclosable, High Barrier Pouch – Pill Bottle Replacement, Amcor Healthcare Packaging, Booth SL-6635
- CXV Global SmartFactory LineClearance Assistant™ (LCA), Xyntek, A CXV Global Company, SL-6185
- PEWO-pack 600 High-Speed Stretchwrapper with High-End Stretching Technology, Pester USA Inc., Booth SL-6726
- Amcor HealthCare Recycle Ready Sachet, Amcor Healthcare Packaging, Booth SL-6635
- IMA Ilapak Delta OF-360 X, IMA North America Inc., Booths C-3200, C-3400
- SprayPET Revolution —- The New 100% Recyclable, All-Polymer Aerosol, Plastipak Packaging, Inc., Booth N-9357
For a complete description of the finalists’ technologies visit the Technology Excellence Awards page.
PACK EXPO attendees are encouraged to visit the finalists’ booths to see the technologies live and vote for their favorite. Voting will take place live starting at show opening on Monday, Sept. 11, through noon on Tuesday, Sept. 12, via the official show app or online. Winners will be announced after noon on Sept. 12.
Registration for PACK EXPO Las Vegas is $30 until Aug.18, after which it increases to $130.For complete information on PACK EXPO Las Vegas and to register, visit packexpolasvegas.com.
Note: PMMI encourages editors to post the video in its entirety, or, edit down to those parts most applicable to their audience.