Sutherland Packaging Enjoys 30% Growth in 2017
Sutherland Packaging (sutherlandpackaging.com), a leader in corrugated point-of-purchase (POP) displays and packaging for retail locations and club stores, saw a 30% year-over-year jump in business from 2016 to 2017, with the upward trend expected to continue well into 2018. Driven by a spike in demand, the growth directly led to some three dozen new employees, expanded operations that now entails three-shift, 24/7 production, and a multimillion-dollar infrastructure investment that will further broaden the company’s portfolio of printing capabilities.
Among its range of specialties, Sutherland Packaging has gained market share thanks to its innovative direct printing technique, which circumvents the traditional practice of mounting a lithographic label over corrugated substrates. Ideal for the retail consumer products sector and club store displays, this maximal impact, cost-effective full-color technology enables customers to save on both material expenditures and shipping times.
Increasingly, however, Sutherland Packaging has become known for its versatile solutions and cutting-edge capabilities. In addition to direct-to-corrugated and more mainstream lithographic label printing, the company offers high-speed digital production with exacting color matching, and has made steady headway into the burgeoning e-commerce sector with its impactful, brand-bolstering shipper containers.
Equipment investments also have increased Sutherland’s one-pass, double-sided printing abilities – an efficient yet historically challenging process highly sought-after by many current and prospective customers. Key milestones of Sutherland’s banner 2017 included:
- An increase in the number of employees from 65 to 100
- Expanded three-facility operations that now comprises:
- A 100,000-sq-ft Andover, NJ manufacturing facility/headquarters, with three shifts and near-24/7 production
- A 24,000-sq-ft warehouse in Green Township, NJ
- A 20,000-sq-ft warehouse in Newton, NJ
- Multimillion-dollar infrastructure investment, including a High Graphics single pass two sided printer/die-cutter, enabling capabilities that will differentiate Sutherland Packaging from a host of competitors