IMA DAIRY & FOOD Assumes North American Sales & Marketing Responsibilities for Extrusion Blow Molding Machinery Specialist AlphaMAC
AlphaMAC’s fully electric equipment portfolio uses 50% less energy than most legacy machinery, and IMA Dairy & Food USA has assumed sales, marketing and service responsibilities for the extrusion blow mold machinery supplier.
In North America, AlphaMAC equipment will meet an emerging need for modern, reliable equipment that is energy efficient. For example, currently one company has 80% of the US market share for extrusion blow molding (EBM) machines producing HDPE bottles for refrigerated and aseptic milk-based products. These machines are, on average, about 25 years old, and require energy consumption some 50% higher than AlphaMAC’s fully electric equipment, which do not operate via hydraulic fluid and therefore do not consume energy when idling.
In addition, the age of most EBM machines in the North American market means they lack remote assistance capabilities, leading to higher-than-necessary maintenance costs and a sizable workforce. With the support of IMA Dairy & Food USA, AlphaMAC’s line will have the technology and personnel support to close these longstanding gaps.
AlphaMAC’s portfolio includes comprehensive, custom-engineered lines for plastic containers production, secondary packaging and quality assurance. Solutions include:
- Extrusion blow molding machines
- Extrusion blow molding molds
- Bottle design development and production optimization tools
- Total quality control systems for bottles
- Secondary packaging solutions robotics systems
“As the industry-wide push for more sustainable food & beverage packaging solutions continues, the North American liquid dairy sector is one where eco-conscious upgrades are overdue,” said Patrick Carroll, President of IMA Dairy & Food USA. “Adding AlphaMAC to the IMA Dairy & Food USA portfolio provides our customers with more sustainable options while significantly expanding our market share potential.”
AlphaMAC’s’s management and technical teams have over 30 years of experience in extrusion blow molding equipment and production lines design and manufacturing, with over 2,000 machines sold in 61 countries. AlphaMACc EBM machines are well regarded for efficiency and favorable total cost of ownership.
About IMA DAIRY & FOOD
IMA Dairy & Food USA serves the dairy and food industries with several brands of the IMA group (Corazza, Erca, Fillshape, Gasti, Hamba, Hassia and Intecma) and offers a portfolio covering nearly all areas of packaging machine application, including:
- Filling and sealing machines (FS) for preformed cups and bottles
- Forming, filling and sealing machines (FFS) for packaging products in the food, dairy, and beverage segments (filled up to the aseptic level)
- Filling systems for flexible stand-up pouches with and without spout for dairy, food, beverage and personal care sectors
- Wrapping machines for packaging butter, fresh cheese, soup cubes, yeast, margarine, etc.
- Aseptic vertical and horizontal form, fill and seal machines for stick packs / pouches (with corresponding dosing systems)
- FFS machines for packaging single portions of coffee, honey, jam, sauces, etc.
For more information, visit www.imadairyfood.com.