Take Advantage of Countless Opportunities for ‘Greener’ Palletization with Eco Wrap
Cortec® announced its Eco Wrap® technology for use in countless industrial applications. Eco Wrap is a specialty compostable wrapping film made with certified compostable resin plus a tackifier additive. It has been formulated to run on existing stretch film equipment by simply adjusting the tension setting.
Eco Wrap is a great stretch film alternative to conventional polyethylene films for shipping and storage applications. After use, Eco Wrap is reportedly designed for disposal in a commercial composting facility where it can be composted with a variety of organic wastes to create new soil for agricultural use. This reduces the risk of plastics pollution and excess plastic waste buildup in landfills.
Eco Wrap can be directly substituted for normal stretch wrap in almost any industrial application. The following options present exciting opportunities:
- Manufacturing:The manufacturing industry includes countless goods that are manufactured, then packed and shipped domestically and internationally. Stretch wrap is needed to palletize these finished goods for bulk shipment. Eco Wrap can be used to replace traditional plastic;
- Online retail: This growing market is a natural consumer of stretch wrap for palletizing boxed goods. Eco Wrap can help improve the negative image projected on some companies for the amount of packaging waste/plastic used;
- Agriculture:With Eco Wrap, firewood, lumber, hay bales, and other agriculture materials can now be bundled and wrapped with a commercially compostable film. This is especially appropriate for an industry so closely tied to nature;
- Baggage and furniture handling:Stretch wrap is a great tool for baggage handlers and moving companies. Eco Wrap can be used to corral luggage at the airport or securely wrap furniture before loading it onto the moving van. After use, it can be sent for commercial composting instead of adding one more pound of plastic waste to the landfill record; and
- Food industry:The food industry presents a major opportunity for palletizing of cans, crates, bottles, cartons, and bags. Eco Wrap can be used for stretch wrapping in these countless bulk packaging applications where there is no direct contact with food.
For more information, visit https://www.cortecvci.com.