Henkel AG & Co KGaA’s Social Plastic Ecosystem in Collaboration With Plastic Bank Earns Top Honors in the 2020 Packaging Innovation Awards By Dow
Dow announced the winners of the 2020 Packaging Innovation Awards recognizing breakthrough packaging achievements in design, technology, sustainability and user experience.
The highest honor, the Diamond Award, went to Henkel AG & Co KGaA’s Social Plastic Ecosystem in collaboration with Plastic Bank. To create a new line of sustainable cosmetic packaging, Henkel conducted a pilot program that utilized recycled materials from Plastic Bank, a social enterprise which aims to stop plastic waste from entering the ocean and provide economic opportunities for people in extreme poverty.
The full list of winners includes:
- Henkel AG & Co KGaA in collaboration with Plastic Bank, Social Plastic Ecosystem.
- Zacros in collaboration with The Procter & Gamble Company of Japan Limited, ARIEL PLATINUM SPORTS Refill Pouch;
- Alico, Metal-Free Recyclable Coffee Packaging; and
- Kirin Holdings Co., Ltd. in collaboration with Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, New Thin Film Deposition Technology for PET Bottles Using Hot-Wire CVD Device.
Gold Award Winners
- CJ CHEILJEDANG, Kimchi Easy Carry Pouch;
- Packaging Industries Limited in collaboration with Policy and Market Options and SNV Netherlands Development Organization, Mama Silage Bag;
- ProAmpac in collaboration with L’Oréal, Maybelline FitMe® Matte + Poreless Foundation;
- Danone in collaboration with Goplas, Mexico Yoghurt Cup;
- Parnaplast in collaboration with Interpack Packaging Solutions, Oxi-free High Barrier Green Grain Coffee Packaging; and
- Reckitt Benckiser Brazil in collaboration with Guala Dispensing, Narita Design, Logoplaste Brasil, Alpla and Flexoprint Labels, Veja Specialists Redesign.
Silver Award Winners
- Natura in collaboration with Silgan, IFF, Wheaton, Grupo Pochet do Brasil, Inobi and Kawagraf, Ekos Alma – new Natura fragrance;
- Flexinnova kft in collaboration with Foltrade kft, GripTop antislip bag;
- Sunrise Packaging Material (Jiangyin) Co., Ltd in collaboration with Guangdong Wuqiong Food Co., Ltd, High barrier, retort and easy-peel packaging for Chinese style spiced corned egg;
- Amcor, Matrix – paper-based recyclable cheese wrap; and
- UPM Raflatac in collaboration with UPM Biofuels and Vellamo® – Ice Age Water Ltd, UPM Raflatac Forest FilmTM.
Emerging Category Honorable Mention
- Calyx Containers, Calyx Concentrate Container; and
- Grove Bags, Grove Bags Terploc® Film.
Advancement in Industrial Distribution Systems Honorable Mention
- Mauser Packaging Solutions in collaboration with Strauch GmbH, DrumGuard® – Sustainable Load Securing System for Drums on Pallets.
For more information, visit www.DowPackagingAwards.com.