Santa Cruz-based startup Steeped, Inc. has launched its revolutionary Steeped Coffee brewing method to coffee drinkers across the nation. Brewed similar to tea, Steeped Coffee’s nitro sealed Steeped Bags, along with its guilt-free packaging made using renewable and compostable materials, achieve freshly ground specialty coffee in a single-serving.
Steeped Coffee launched when serial entrepreneur and coffee lover Josh Wilbur decided to combine the convenience of a single-serving brew method with the premium quality of ethically sourced coffee. Wilbur wanted to redeem the environmental dilemma created by wasteful coffee pods. Happy to do the math, Wilbur points out over 10 billion unrecyclable pods accumulate in landfills each year – enough to wrap around the earth more than 110 times if placed side-by-side. Moreover, each type of pod depends on expensive and often moldy brewing machines, which are also unrecyclable.
It took Wilbur seven years to innovate the proprietary Steeped Coffee system that delivers fresh roasted, pre-portioned, precision ground, micro batched coffee in customized Full Immersion Filters. “Premium coffee roasters have shied away from offering their specialty beans in single-serve packaging because it’s been nearly impossible to keep ground coffee fresh, which quickly ruins the taste,” said Wilbur. “With our Nitro Sealed bags, oxygen is replaced with nitrogen, so the coffee stays fresh as if it was ground moments ago.”
“Steeped Packs are the easiest way to make a delicious cup of coffee,” said Wilbur. “You shouldn’t need to perform chemistry before you’ve made your coffee.” Simply steep each Steeped Bag in hot water for about five minutes to allow the coffee to develop its distinctive body and flavor. There is no machine, no noise, no cleanup no destructive waste.
Features of Steeped Coffee include:
- 100 percent specialty coffee: quality coffee ethically sourced directly from farmers;
- Nitro sealed: removes oxygen, stopping the clock on freshly ground beans;
- Ultrasonic edges: no glue, staples, or wasted materials for max steeping;
- Full immersion filter: non-GMO filters that regulate ideal water-in and maximum flavor-out;
- Guilt-free packaging: made using plant-based renewable and compostable materials;
- Micro Batching: roasted locally in small batches;
- Precision ground: consistent water-cooled grinding to the micron;
- Pre-portioned: consistent SCA recommended water-to-coffee ratios;
- Just add water: single-serve convenience with no machines required; and
- Barista approved: tested by multiple independent specialty coffee Q-graders for freshness, quality and taste.
For more information, visit http://www.steepedcoffee.com.