CAD models of Dorner’s new Edge Roller Technology (ERT®250) conveyor are now available in D-Tools, Dorner’s online conveyor configurator.
Downloading CAD models on D-Tools reportedly gives product engineers, plant managers and others the ability to easily design an ERT250 conveyor to fit the exact application in a matter of minutes. D-Tools, which includes 2D and 3D CAD libraries and other functions, could allow users to construct simple or complex conveyor packages, as well as individual components.
The ERT250 uses rollers to move pallet conveyors smoothly with no friction. The conveyor’s open design could eliminate concerns of small parts or screws dropping into rollers and causing conveyor damage or jamming.
The ERT250 is reportedly ideal for applications calling for pallet or tray handling, no- and low-back pressure accumulation, medium to heavy load assembly automation, and cleanroom applications or device manufacturing, assembly, and packaging.
The non-contact zone control could provide simplified traffic control that eliminates pallet stops and costly pneumatic valves. Conversely, slip rollers can be used for full length runs with conventional pneumatic pallet stops. The rollers are easily accessible and could be replaced quickly without affecting the remaining portion of the conveyor.
Technical specifications of the ERT250 include:
- Widths 120-millimeters to 960-millimeters wide;
- 38-millimeter diameter rollers on 50-millimeter centers;
- Loads up to 250 pounds per pallet or tray;
- Loads up to 15 pounds per roller;
- 150-millimeter minimum long tray;
- Speeds up to 30 meters per minute;
- Aluminum frame with two T-slots;
- Energy efficient brushless DC gearmotors and controllers. Motor controllers use Ethernet IP for easy communication;
- Automation modules;
- Navigate 90-degree and 180-degree corners;
- Lift and transfer;
- Lift and locate;
- 90-degree pusher;
- Three transportation modes;
- Non-contact accumulation;
- No- or low-back pressure slip roller accumulation; and
- General transport.
For more information, visit https://www.dornerconveyors.com.